Mumbles Motor Boat & Fishing Club 
Sorry, but due to changes by the website host we are no longer able to keep this site fully up-to-date.

From Dec 2020 changes will only be made on the new MMBFC website.
Club Members Website

Hooked on Fish - Hooked on Fishing

Tight Lines All Round

   MMBFC Home      Membership      Gift Aid

Gift Aid Donations

Gift Aid is a way for charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to increase the value of monetary gifts from UK taxpayers by claiming back the basic rate tax paid by the donor on the donation. It can increase the value of donations by a quarter at no extra cost to the donor. 
Being a Community Amateur Sports Club recognised by HMRC for Gift Aid transaction it is possible that payments, other than Membership Fees, may be treated as donations to the Club. By making Gift Aided donations you can help the Club, members and the local angling community enjoy the benefits of additional income. Donations can be made through many of our fishing activities, Club boat and minibus trips, and by personal donations if preferred.
Donations through Gift Aid boost the amount of you give to the Club by allowing us to reclaim 25% basic rate income tax you have already paid on the money. For every £1 donation the Club could claim an extra 25p from HMRC in Gift Aid tax relief.  You need to make a Gift Aid declaration. This can be as simple as ticking a box on the Membership Form or other forms supplied by the Club.
Please note: Gift Aid simply means the Club can claim back 25% of your voluntary donation from the income tax you have paid. Under the rules, The club cannot claim Gift Aid on standard membership fees. You must ensure you are paying enough tax at least equal to the tax we reclaim on your donation(s) from HMRC under Gift Aid.
(Click to open PDF for printing and completion)

Gift Aid Declaration
If you are if you have already completed a Gift Aid declaration where every £1 you give is worth an extra 25p to MMBFC.
Please notify MMBFC if you:
  • want to cancel your declaration
  • change your name or home address
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you you must include all your Gift Aid donations on youe Self Assessment tax  return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.
(Click to open PDF for printing and completion)